The consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry is mysterious to many outsiders and legendary to those within. As a regular eater and digital practitioner, I recently began focusing more on this obscure marketing category.
Note: I have summarized and abridged the points from Accenture’s 2013 report below.
- Charitable causes higher engagement compared to discounts.
- Staying on message is important. Holiday-themed posts have higher engagement rates.
- Mixed media messages for products penetrate more than single form, i.e. text or photo, post.
- Crowdsourcing effectively engages customers.
- Do not implement a discount campaign without being 100 percent ready to deliver on the promise.
- Use all digital information to form customer context, connect
- Move from engagement –> optimization